For the second consecutive year, the Legal 500 EMEA guide has ranked Volciuc-Ionescu as a leading law firm in three of our core practice areas, as follows:
- Banking, finance and capital markets
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Energy and natural resources
The rankings specifically note the firm’s work as ‘top-quality advice with an excellent commercial understanding’.
In addition, the Legal 500 Europe, Middle East & Africa 2016 editorial recommended two of our practice heads for their work and accomplishments:
- Sabin Volciuc-Ionescu, who heads the banking, finance and capital markets practice areas, is recommended as ‘a truly brilliant dealmaker’ with ‘excellent understanding of the banking sector and amazing project finance know-how’;
- Ramona Volciuc-Ionescu, who heads the corporate / M&A and energy and natural resources practices areas, is recommended as ‘very good not only on legal aspects but on the financial and environmental issues too’.
The Legal 500 Series is widely acknowledged as the world’s largest legal referral guide. More than 250,000 corporate counsel are surveyed and interviewed globally each year (actually over 300,000 in the past 12 months). The Legal 500 is an independent guide, in which law firms, sets and individuals are recommended purely on merit.
Founded as a spin-off of several lawyers led by the heads of the energy, finance and projects teams of an international law firm, Volciuc-Ionescu is an independent Romanian law firm that strives for excellence and guarantees fast and flexible specialised services and is recognised as a leading firm by the international legal directories such as Legal500 Europe, Middle East & Africa 2016 (now available to view online), Chambers and Partners and IFLR1000.