Sabin is the managing partner of Volciuc-Ionescu. Chambers highly recommended Sabin for ”tailoring advice so that it can be used in a business context”, while Legal500 praises him for being ”very professional, quick-thinking, and intelligent”.
His practice covers a wide range of banking and finance work and capital markets transactions. Sabin advised on a number of headline transactions in Romania, assisting both domestic and international clients (financial institutions and borrowers).
He is focused on financial services, infrastructure and energy sectors and has extensive experience in project finance, sovereign financing, structured finance, corporate, asset and acquisition finance, as well as in capital markets operations (including Eurobonds, RON denominated bonds and GDRs).
Prior to founding Volciuc-Ionescu, Sabin headed the finance and projects practice of a leading international law firm in Bucharest. His experience includes also working for major international law firms in Bucharest, London and Vienna.
Sabin has written papers on the developments in law relating to securitisation and leasing.
Member of the Bucharest Bar.
• WU Executive Academy, Vienna, Austria. Degree: Master of Business Administration in Banking
• Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Degree: LL.M
• Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania. Degree: M.Sc. in Audit
• Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania. Degree: B.Sc. in Accounting
• Stanford University, California, USA. Degree: Undergraduate – International Economics
• Law School, Bucharest, Romania. Degree: LL.B